A most wonderful lady, one I feel proud and honoured to call a friend, has nominated me and my blog for a Sunshine Award. Apparently this means my blog is considered inspiring! How very lovely – I feel quite humbled. Thank you Taylor Fulks, who is herself an amazing inspiration, not to mention a very talented author (among other things) of an absolutely incredible novel called My Prison Without Bars: The Journey of a Damaged Woman to Some Place Normal. She also writes a fabulous blog – why don’t you visit her sometime?
The Rules: When you receive the award, you are asked to do a few things…
- Post the Sunshine Award Logo you see at the top.
- Accept the nomination and link back to the nominator.
- Answer the questions below.
- Nominate ten other blogs and inform them of the nomination.
- My favourite colour ~ I’ve always loved yellow because it reminds me of bright sunshine (very fitting for a Sunshine Award!) which always lifts my spirits and puts a bounce in my step. I don’t surround myself at home with yellow things but I do have quite a few spring and summer clothes in this colour. My previous car was bright yellow too! 😉
- My favourite animal ~ I absolutely adore small monkeys. I don’t care which breed they are! I don’t know why I love them, I just do.
- My favourite number ~ I don’t have a favourite number. Ask me again if I ever win the lottery big time! I won the lottery ‘tiny time’ this week – just £10! I’m not sure I should call any of those chosen numbers ‘lucky’ because they weren’t lucky enough. 😉 hehe. Greedy me!
- My favourite non-alcoholic beverage ~ Peppermint tea! I would have said black coffee with two sweeteners but I’m trying to keep away from it, except at weekends, because I want to keep my teeth stain free. I drink lots of peppermint tea and if I visit coffee shops or restaurants it’s always my preferred hot drink. Here’s one I drank last week complete with a massive cream scone! What a piggywink I am. 😉
- My favourite alcoholic beverage ~ I don’t drink much but at weekends I tend to have a small glass of white or rose wine each evening. If I’m socialising I have a small rose wine spritzer (with soda). I get tiddly on very little alcohol these days and suffer with humungous hangovers – I don’t consider a few drinks worth the pain and sickness that follow so I remain very controlled.
- Facebook or Twitter ~ Facebook for socialising, all the way! I spend far too much time there. I spend a lot of time at Twitter too but I use that mainly as a promotional vehicle. Having said that, I do chat with tweeters there and I’ve ‘met’ some wonderful people who I can now call friends. In fact, it’s how Taylor and I met, so it must be a good thing! 🙂
- My passions ~ My partner, my family and my beautiful friends. I love days out and holidays away with my man – we have some wonderful times together. Here we are in the Maldives last year, a place I am most passionate about – it is Heaven on earth. Other passions are promoting my novel THE MAN IN A HAYSTACK of which I am so very proud, and my blog which I’m now committed to writing regularly.
- Giving or Receiving Gifts ~ Giving, always. It’s the whole process I love. Going in search of a gift, or coming across one by accident – being filled with warm thoughts of the receiver and imagining how they will feel when they unwrap it. I love gift wrapping too – sometimes I get quite creative and make them look very fancy!
- Favourite City ~ I’ve been blessed to go to quite a lot of cities in my time. I think I’d have to say the most beautiful was Florence, Italy. It’s such a romantic place. I was very young (sixteen) at the time; the memory has faded and therefore I’d like to visit again with my grown up, mature head, and appreciate it much more second time around.
- Favourite TV Shows ~ That’s easy! I’m a soap addict. I love Coronation Street and Eastenders, and also the reality soap The Only Way is Essex. I’m also a big fan of reality game shows such as Big Brother and I’m a Celebrity – Get Me Out of Here. I love Britain’s Got Talent and XFactor, although I watch the latter mainly for the banter between the judges. If I didn’t like the judges I’d probably ditch the show as it’s lost a lot of its originality and appeal over the years.
My Ten Nominees:
- Geoffrey West @GeoffreyDWest
- Jess Sturman-Coombs @JessSturman
- Toni Morrow Wyatt @Toni1777
- Debra Dunbar @debra_dunbar
- Patricia Mann @patriciamann11
- Terry Tyler @terrytyler4
- Lizzie Lamb @lizzie_lamb
- Elke Feuer @elkefeuer
- Brea Brown @breabrown3
- Pauline Wiles @paulinewiles
Thank you Taylor for nominating me for the Sunshine Award! It’s been fun taking part and I hope you’ve learned a little more about the person behind this blog, as I have certainly learned more about you in reading your answers to the same questions.